Welcome to Groves Dyke Holiday Cottage. Please scroll down…
Quality and Comfort + Peace and Quiet = Rest and Relaxation All this can be found at this beautiful self-catering accommodation in the heart of the North York Moors National Park, just 3 miles from the historic port of Whitby and the Heritage Coast.
There are also many pictures of the cottage, its garden and woods in our gallery pages and a frequently updated visitors book and a news blog page, sharing latest news about the cottage, the surrounding area and its wildlife.
This lovely semi-detached holiday cottage includes:
- 3 upstairs bedrooms: 1 Kingsize bed, 1 Twin, 1 Single, sleeps 5 adults + travel cot
- Fully equipped modern kitchen with a full size gas hob, electric fan oven, microwave, toaster, kettle, dish washer, iron. Small larder off with a fridge-freezer
- Separate utility area with with family-sized washing machine and tumble dryer
- Large upstairs bathroom with toilet, wash hand basin and a big old-fashioned bath
- Ground floor shower room with toilet and wash hand basin
- Full gas central heating throughout and flame-effect gas fire in sitting room.
- Large sunny garden with conservatory, decking, patio, barbecue, table and chairs.
- Freesat TV / DVD. Free WiFi. Off street parking (well within the garden) for 3 cars.
- Ground floor facilities, bathroom upstairs. Numerous mobility aids. Free access to Groves Coppice, a 5 acre private woodland just behind the cottage
- Bed linen, 1 bath towel and 1 hand towel provided per person
- High chair and travel cot (with mattress but no bedding) are always available
For over 10 years Groves Dyke Holiday Cottage was Yorkshire Tourist Board inspected – 3 Stars and given the English Tourist Board ’National Accessible Award’ – Mobility: Level 1. The ETB Hotel Inspectorate were then bought over by Group 4 Security (I kid you not!), so I resigned from this increasingly expensive system in 2012. Now I ensure that all the previous facilities are still available, as well as spending the money saved on maintaining the high standards eg New carpets throughout, Free WiFi, Freesat TV, duvets, etc.
Weekly rental prices start at £330, which includes all of the above.
Arrival time is normally after 3 pm on Fridays | Departure is by 10 am.