1. General – Bookings are arranged between holidaymakers (‘The Holidaymaker’) and the owner of Groves Dyke Holiday Cottage, Mr Niall Carson (‘Mr Carson’).
2. Contract – A binding contract between the Holidaymaker and Mr Carson shall be entered into on Mr Carson issuing the Holiday Confirmation of Booking Form.
3. Payment – Bookings and reservations shall be negotiated by ‘Yorkshire Cottages’ (see their Terms and Conditions). Or alternatively, by Mr Carson on payment of a non-returnable Deposit of £100 made payable to ‘Mr T N Carson’, when the balance shall be payable eight weeks before the commencement of the holiday. If the holiday is booked less then eight weeks from its commencement then the full holiday charge shall be payable on sending the booking form to Mr Carson. Receipt of any Deposit shall not constitute acceptance of any booking.
4. Cancellation – Any cancellation made by the Holidaymaker, for whatever reason, shall be in writing addressed to Mr Carson at the address shown on the top of the booking form. On receipt of such notice Mr Carson shall endeavour to re-let Groves Dyke Holiday Cottage for the entire period of the original booking. If Mr Carson is successful in re-letting Groves Dyke Holiday Cottage, Mr Carson shall refund all monies paid for the period which has been re-let, less the Deposit of £100 per week booked.
5. Limitation of Liabilities – The use of the accommodation and the amenities at Groves Dyke Holiday Cottage is entirely at the Holidaymaker’s own risk. Neither Mr Carson, nor his employees nor agents, shall be under any liability to the Holidaymaker or to third parties, for any injury, or for any loss or damage to the Holidaymaker’s belongings, howsoever arising. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage to any car or its contents.
6. Number of People – The number of people using Groves Dyke Holiday Cottage shall not exceed 5 persons over the age of 2 years. A cot is deemed to be suitable only for children under the age of 2 years.
7. Pets – Well behaved dogs are welcome.
8. Access – Mr Carson or his representatives shall be allowed access to Groves Dyke Holiday Cottage at any reasonable time during holiday occupancy.
9. Repair – The Holidaymaker undertakes to keep the premises and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in or on the premises in the same state of repair and condition as the same are at the commencement of the letting (reasonable wear and tear excepted) and shall replace with similar or at least equal value, or if the owner requires, to pay the owner the value of any of the premises, furniture, fittings & effects so destroyed or damaged as to be incapable of being restored to its former condition.
10. Arrival and Departure – Groves Dyke Holiday Cottage may not be occupied before 3 pm on the day of arrival and must be vacated before 10 am on the day of departure.